V3 Upgrade Procedure
Upgrade StarV3 Over the Network
- This example is for Windows users
- Download current release from star-os.com
- Extract the appropriate firmware .pkg file for your platform and the contents of starutil-windows-1.14.zip to a directory of your choosing (Using c:\staros for our example)
- Open a command prompt (Start --> Run, "cmd") and change to the directory you extracted your files to (ex. "cd \staros")
- Upload the new firmware image: Type starutil 192.168.1.1 1234 -f vncOs-1.x.x-xxxx.pkg (replace the IP address, password and firmware file name as needed)
- Log in to your StarV3 system via ssh
- In the menu options go to system->upgrade firmware and follow prompts
- When the flash is complete reboot and away you go
Video of simulated upgrade: Simulation of V3 upgrade without actually upgrading unit
Note: If your ssh session is lost during upgrade do not panic as it will complete normally.
DO NOT: Disconnect or Interrupt power StarV3 system during upgrade procedure, as it will become damaged and will need RMA service to repair it.