Atheros Wireless Support in all StarV3 Editions
- MAC Revisions
- AR5212A (AR5001X+), AR5212A (AR5002X)
- AR5213A (AR5004X), AR5213A (AR5004G)
- AR2413A (AR5005G), AR2414A (AR5005GS)
- AR5413A (AR5006X), AR5414A (AR5006XS)
- AR2315A (AR5006G), AR2316A (AR5006GS)
- Analog Revisions
- AR5111, AR5112, AR2112, AR2413, AR2315, AR5413, AR5424
- RF Bands
- 900MHz (Specific frequencies vary using Ubiquiti SR9, Ubiquiti XR9 or Z-Com GZ-901)
- 2.3Ghz - 2.7Ghz
- 4.9Ghz - 6.1Ghz
System Boards supported for StarV3 WAR Edition
- Valemount 533MHz 4-port Wireless Advanced Router (AKA WAR4)
- Valemount 266MHz 2-port Wireless Advanced Router (AKA WAR2)
- Stock Gateworks Avila GW2348 series boards
System Boards supported for StarV3 WRAP Edition
Motherboards supported for StarV3 X86-PC Edition
Tony at Valemount requests that you provide feedback on all motherboards you have tried the V3 X86-PC release on at the StarOS forums
For boards that work, please provide the model number and possible revision if available. Also specify if the built-in ethernets are operational.
For boards that do not work, please provide the model number, chipset, memory and processor being used.
We have tested boards ranging from ATX-733 to AMD64 X2 systems with success, and will post the models once we have that information available. To date, all boards we have tried are fully supported.
Disk-On-Modules (DOMs) and CF cards in an ATA->CF adapters have both been tested, and are fully functional.
System requirements for the StarV3 X86-PC release:
- 586-class system or higher
- 32MB RAM minimum, more recommended
- DOM or CF set to PRIMARY MASTER. Please be sure about this before you upgrade.
- At least one supported ethernet device
With regards to the CF/DOM modules. Make sure they are set to MASTER. This can sometimes be set via a jumper on the module, or via power connector.
Ensure you are booting from the primary ATA interface. Booting from an ATA RAID controller is not supported.
Not being able to get past the LILO boot message would most likely mean one of the above requirements has not been satisfied.
Drivers Supported for StarV3 X86-PC Edition
This list also reflects the current device load ordering, so if you have multiple types of ethernet cards in your system, expect them to be numbered in the order in which the drivers are loaded.
- Intel(R) PRO/100+
- SiS 900/7016
- VIA Rhine
- nVidia nForce
- RealTek RTL-8129/8130/8139
- National Semiconductor DP8381x
- Broadcom 4400
- 3Com 3c590/3c900 series
- 3Com 3cr990 series "Typhoon"
- Early DECchip Tulip (dc2104x)
- DECchip Tulip (dc2114x)
- Generic DECchip
- Davicom DM910x/DM980x
- ULi M526x
Supported 1 GbE:
- Intel(R) PRO/1000
- Alteon/3Com 3C985 Gigabit
- D-Link DL2000-based Gigabit
- National Semiconductor DP83820
- Packet Engines Hamachi GNIC-II
- SiS190/SiS191 Gigabit
- SysKonnect GigaEthernet
- SysKonnect Yukon2
- Marvell Yukon/SysKonnect SK-98xx
- VIA Velocity support
- Broadcom Tigon3
- Broadcom NetXtremeII
- Realtek 8169 PCI Gigabit (Recently added in StarV3 1.1.8)
Supported 10 GbE:
- Intel(R) PRO/10GbE
- Chelsio 10GE
- S2IO 10GbE XFrame
- i8xx TCO
- Software (for everything else).
During the upgrade of your StarOS system to v3, device re-ordering can be a serious concern if you have mismatched ethernet cards in your system.
If you have specific ethernet hardware you would like to see supported, Tony requests that you let them know about it at the forum.
Note: There will be access to the configuration manager via keyboard, however there will be no mouse support. (maneuvering via keyboard is quite easy, and quick).